Omniband is a music production laboratory which will make students the real creators of their music. A first-hand experience which will give them fundamental skills and tools, crucial for their future.
Students will gather in a music ensemble and meet many times a week with Paolo Schianchi. Lessons will take place in a fully equipped studio, with a complete PA system and recording system.
Lessons will develop 4 subjects:
– selection, analysis, study and rehearsal of some of the most representative masterpieces from different musical genres, with a very particular focus on the didactical benefit for each and every member of the music ensemble, and on the musical needs of the students in order to help them develop and improve their skills.
– analysis of the arrangements, with the some teamwork in order to better understand how to deal with arrangements in a professional scenario.
– interpretation: gaining all the main necessary skills in order to properly perform a given piece of music of a given repertoire and genre (i.e. Baroque music, prog rock music, bossa nova, etc.).
– sound engineering: learning the basics of a DAW, the miking techniques, the recording, mixing and mastering techniques, and how to deal with a real and professional recording session with the student’s musical instrument.
– auto evaluation: analysis of each take of the recording sessions in order for every student to better focus on his own particular musical condition and to clearly understand how to improve his skills and what is most important to focus on while practicing at home.
Students will have the opportunity to perform in concert with Paolo Schianchi, and other international musicians in selected venues. Thanks to this, students will benefit from a professional experience and at the same time they will not be completely alone on the stage. They will perform on stage, but with a safety net.
Omniband will be directed by Paolo Schianchi, in collaboration with the other teachers of the Study Abroad Program.